Sunday 15 April 2012

My new(ish) favourite singer

I say new(ish) because I've known about the band for a while, but recently I've got really obsessed; with the lead singer in particular.
I first discovered her voice when asked to sing the female vocal solo in All Time Low's "Remembering Sunday" at a gig and I was amazed and inspired by the grit and passion in her voice.
Juliet Simms, lead singer of Automatic Loveletter is renowned not just for her voice, but her entire look is amazing and unique. She's a bit of an icon, can't get enough of her at the moment. I really want to share this video with you because it's a stripped-down version of a song off their album "Truth Or Dare"and it really showcases the rumble and smoky edge to her voice. It's also a rad song that's catchy and moody and attitude-y all in one go. You must however listen also to the original version, and you can buy their album Here
So here we go, my new favourite:
(Ps the first bit of music you'll hear is just credits, the song starts about 10 seconds in)

No comments:

Post a Comment