Friday 2 September 2011

Mini review

I've been really busy this week, and will be this weekend also, so I haven't had chance to go to any gigs. Here's a "reviewlet" to keep you going until next Thursday

I was asked by TYPE40 to write just a few lines about what i thought of their EP
This was my response.
 The first notes of "fun in summer'' fall on the ears with a torrade of guitar and catchy lyrics. A brilliant opening that hooks you in, toys with you, and then blasts you back with walls of sound. It's good, but there's another that's my favourite...
With a title like "wounded man" one would expect the typical ballad of slow pace and somewhat tedius pining. What you don't expect is to be greeted by the crunchy opening riff that is somewhat reminiscent of metalica, acdc and green day. That's one mix of music, but what the hell-it works. Yeah it's a ballad, but instead of wallowing, it gets up and flicks a middle finger at the world.
Rock and roll is dead? I guess Type 40 never got that memo...

No comments:

Post a Comment